Business Matters HR and Payroll system is a bilingual and fully Integrated HR System dealing with Personnel, Payroll and Administrative Affairs for large and medium institutions and companies requiring flexibility to manage the HR and Payroll functions for their employees. BM system is designed and developed locally to cater for the financial and administrative rules and procedures for the region. The flexibility provided for this system considers the local variables and rules for the region.
The system consists of correlative systems (Modular Approach), which enable users to follow up employee data from the submission of the job application, preparing the contract, employment, contract changes, follow up on salaries and leaves till resignation or termination. During the process, the system records and keeps all historical procedures and actions along with their financial and administrative effects. It also has flexibility in setting financial, payroll, contract and administrative rules. The System has the ability to define rules for a numerous number of contracts. The System also allowsrules for each group of employees in the same grade and same type of contract to apply to payrolls and its rules, annual leaves and general data of the institution as a whole.
The System allows multiple users with different levels of security. The System’s administrator manages audit and follow-up actions taken by the users using the BM’s Audit Trail Module.
All modules are dealing with functions that have contractual and financial effects through two separate phases allowing the users to “double check” the accuracy of all results before execution. Phase one is to prepare these functions and its employment and financial effects before implementing. Phase two is for auditing and execution.
Backdated actions can be implemented on salaries and leaves and any other effects will be calculated accordingly. The system provides the ability to determine the financial and administrative position for any employee at any previous given date.
The system contains a range of modifiable reports and allows users to prepare custom reports. The system can be integrated with other systems such as accounting, leave and time attendance. Using the open database users will be able to view data and build reports by using common ODBC search toolsand through Client/Server techniques.
The Human Resources Module is the core module to this comprehensive application. It basically maintains all relevant employee related information including different types of personal information, detailed qualifications, work experience and so on. Information captured by this module is utilized by all the other modules thus eliminating data redundancy.
- Manage and maintain all Company data
- Organization chart and company structure
- Travel and Expense Management
- Cost Center Management
- Manage and maintain all Employee data
- Document archiving
- Scanned picture
- contact details
- Personal information
- Job information
- Previous Work experience
- Salary & Bank information
- Social Security information
- Designation & reporting structure
- Employee summary information
- Employee benefits assignment
- Define reporting hierarchy
- Assign job specifications
- Assign benefits
- Update HR plan
- Update Requirements & Resourcing
- Leave Management
- Employee Performance Appraisal Management
- Alerts (all Employees or company’s documents Expiry dates lice Licenses, Passport, Visa, ID, Residency, etc.)
- Employee Life Keep track of Transfer / Promotion / Increment dates
A fully functional payroll management system is integrated into the software ease the burden on HR department. The payroll module is fully compliant with the rules as laid down by Law. Various calculation parameters and the allowances are also configurable as per the user requirements.
The payroll module calculates the employee payroll according to the current salaries in the Personnel system, taking into consideration all deductions, and adjustments, which were added by the system or were automatically transmitted from other systems (leaves system, salaries system, and time attendance). The system is flexible by pre-calculate salary payments and its value in order to facilitate any changes on salaries before payroll.
- Flexibility in identifying dues and deductions to salaries whether it is fixed or variable.
- Pay salaries in cash or by transferring it to the bank.
- The system is correlated with other employee’s data and their leaves and the backdated financial effect on salary. For example, leave that is paid in advance cannot be deleted from the leaves system unless an adjustment is made by the payroll system.
- Differentiate between the number paid leave days and salary of the normal month (30 days).
- Following up employee’s loans in details.
- An authorized user can cash exception salaries that are usually transferred to the bank at any time during the month.
- Prepare salary files that will be transferred to the banks. The system prepares a file for every bank separately and extracts consolidated and detailed reports.
- Identify a cost center for each employee separately and all payroll reports and banks files can be printed by cost centers.
- Calculation of the social security insurance (PIFSS). The ability to extract historical files for social
- security insurance and ability to stop insurance for a certain employee and certain period.
- Following up of employee’s overtime.
- The ability to execute end of the month at any time in order to ensure that all the data is correct and to close the month and start a new month.
- A number of analytical reports for the current and historical payrolls are available.
- The ability to identify the number of days for a month in case of calculating employee’s partial salar
- Identify the last day of leave that will be paid in advance.
- The system dealing with employee’s through a Periodic Payroll system and with labors on daily Wage System.
- Partial payment for an employee where the employee was employed or resigned during the payroll period.
- Exception payment for an employee during the month enables the user to pay salaries at a time different than the time of transferring salaries to the banks.
- Tracking of employee’s banking data (employee’s banking account –employee’s cost center).
- Add unlimited number of adjustments to the salary.
- Identifying salaries of employee’s leaves that can be paid in advance.
- Identifying special cases of employee’s salaries (stop salary – control payment’s method).
- Handing over of resigned employees in order to stop calculation of their salaries.
- Management of employee’s mobile bills
- Management of Insurance payments and deductions
- Calculation of end-of-service compensation for resigned employees.
- Calculate exception salaries for a group of employees which can be transferred to the bank in the current month.
- Add variables to an employee’s account and also add accounts for new employees.
- Preparation of accounting entries according to every salary item and correlate the system with the accounting systems used in the institution. (Preparation of electronic vouchers).
- Submit salary slip to employees through e-mail for every employee separately.
Personal Actions Module
- Personal Actions updates the employee’s main and financial data and will save records for later references. This data cannot be updated except through Personal Actions system which consists of the following functions:
- Maintenance of Personal Actions Data
- This function allows the user to add employee Personal Actions and add more than one transaction at the same time. The system calculates financial effects of all transactions according to the stated rules and determines the new salary accordingly. Personal Actions system keeps data of old and new salaries and other changed values to build a historical record for each employee.
- The Pending Personal Actions (from other systems)
- This function is managing the remaining procedures of other systems within BM which are not executed such as employment action from the employment system. As we mentioned before, the employment system does not execute any action but it only prepares it to enable the Personal Action user to review and execute it.
- The Reversible Personal Actions
- This function deals with executed reversible transactions. The user can implement a reverse action for these transactions. The system will process a new transaction with a new number that reverse the original previously executed transaction.
- Identifying last day to operate Personal Actions Transactions
- With this function Payroll’s user can prevent Personal Actions system from adding any transaction that can effect on payroll calculations preventing users to update any financial data.
- Most important features of Personal Actions Module.
- The system contains a number of transaction types that are ready to be implemented (change job title, or update salary…)
- Design unlimited number of Personal Actions to be implemented according to the company rules.
- Add more than one transaction at the same time in the same action (change job title – promotion – allowance).
- All procedures are done in two phases to enable user to add transaction, view financial effects, review and then implement.
- There are three authority levels for the users to deal with procedures: viewing level – preparation level – implementation level.
- Every transaction in the system is recorded by user’s name.
- The system is correlated with other systems.
- Indicate financial and job position for an employee or a certain group of employees for any previous date.
- View and print resigned employee data.
- Leaves, Duties and Deputation System
Leaves Management Module
- Define unlimited number of Leave types and their rules for each contract degree.
- Initiate leaves system at any day of the year.
- Control Leave period where salary is due to employees.
- Update or delete leaves if return acknowledgment was not done or leave salary was not paid in advance.
- Adjust leave for a certain employee using special privileges with full Audit Control.
- Deal with fractions of the day in case of leaves that is carried over to the next years.
- In case of using fractions, the system deals with these fractions to be integral every year.
- View and print employee leaves of previous years along with its details.
- Change leaves calculation to be automatically according to the calendar.
- Ability to deal with two years extended leave.
- Dealing with irregular days such as official vacations – A rest days which have direct effect on leaves system.
- End-of-year operation is done in two phases. Phase one is Pilot operation and preparation of temporary file. Phase two is executing the end-of-the year procedure.
- User could view the year’s calendar graphically for employee leaves and tasks separately.
- Save official missions data with its details and cost.
- Tracking of employee deputations (from – to) external institutions.
“Business Matters” has more the 1000 Arabic/English Reports. “Business Matters” reports are simple and easy to use. Reports are generated through a report option screen and can generate flexible user defined reports from the data available in the system.
All reports that are generated by the existing system are available to be exported to EXCEL format.
All the standard reports are available in Arabic and English.
Time & Attendance
Managing time and tracking attendance manually is a frustrating activity known only to a Business Owner or a payroll Manager. Business Matters Time & Attendance Module records time and attendance details from fingerprint biometric devices or other time keeping devices to manage employee time and productivity efficiently.
Business Matters Time & Attendance Module is multi-shift system so you can dynimcly difine unlemted number of work shift, and easily move your staff from work shift to another.
Business Matters Time & Attendance Module can work with any face recognition, finger print or access control machines.
Employee Self Service
The Employee Self Service Portal is the basic building block of the Business Matters HR and Payroll System. It enables employee self-service and provides access to a comprehensive employee database. The employee database acts a centralized repository of vital employee related information available to not HR, employees and managers.
Software for Recruitment Management for a small, medium or large size business is a challenge in bad times, as well as good times. Get the right talent, for the right job, at the right time by using Business Matters Recruitment Management System.
Don’t worry about your accounting JV’s transactions. our Accounting Integration Module help you easily post payroll entries, indemnities, accruals to your general ledger in just seconds into Accounting Software Systems & Modules.
Business Matters is a leading provider of government forms. It has a complete library of Kuwait and GCC government forms related to employee and labor.
- All systems modules are integrated within a single user interface.
- Integration can be done with any financial system, including SAP B1, Sage300, Microsoft Dynamics with the GL module.
- All modules are correlated to each other, hence eliminating the duplication of data entry.
- The system allows multiple rules for each group of employees in the same grade and same type of contract to apply to payrolls and its rules or the annual leaves.
- Bilingual: in all data and names that have codes and description (such as department and job titles) fields are provided for Arabic and English. In the case of the monolingual field (such as notes), field data will be added in the original language in which they were entered.
- Employee’s Unique Number: Assign a certain number for every employee, even if this employee has resigned. This number can be serialized if required.
- User Privileges: The system has multiple levels of user privileges and authorities for every function.
- Audit Trail: The Ability to follow up processes through Audit Trail functions. Users can identify functions that are required to be followed up.
- Flexibility: the system has flexibility in setting financial and administrative Rules.
- There is no correlation between the current month of salaries and the current year of leaves in the calendar. This will enable the user to process the payroll and leave at any time.
- The ability to identify the date that employee salaries and personal action will be changed
- All modules are operating through an open and joint database that enables users to extract data by using external tools such as Excel.
- The migration from manual system to computerization is done through special forms and manuals that demonstrate in details the processes required.
- Web Self-Service allows employees to inquire about information without any effort from the personnel staff.
- Integration with a back-office accounting system is available.
- Built-in HR management rules and financial rules, segmented per contract, contract type, level and/or per each employee.
- Takes care of career development in terms of employee transfers and promotion management and tracking integrated with other HR modules and Payroll.
- Built-in HR and Payroll functional reports as well as the capability to build additional reports.
- System integrated with most messaging environments adding communication and collaboration capabilities to the system by using messaging solutions (such as Exchange & Lotus) and portal solution